Highly prized in Indonesia but rarely found in the US, Fermented White Peppercorns add a deep umami flavor and funk to everything they touch. Grind over steak to mimic the flavor of dry aging, over veggies for heat and depth, or in traditional Cantonese and southeast Asia dishes that call for white pepper.
- Origin: Bangka Island, Indonesia
- Aliases: Muntok white peppercorns
- Process: Fermented in a stream, then washed and sun-dried
- Ingredients: Fermented white peppercorns (Piper nigrum)
- Tasting notes: Goat Cheese • Celery • Funky Fermentation